Thursday 6 June 2013

Jaleo- Washington DC

Endibias Con Queso De Cabra Y Naranjas

When I was in Washington DC visiting friends, they took me to this insanely good Spanish tapas restaurant called Jaleo. It’s a chain run by the infamous Jose Andres, and one meal here was enough to boost Spanish cuisine from “oh-its-just-paella” to a new favourite of mine.


Here are some of the highlights from the lunch I had (thank you Marina and Camilla for treating me!)

The endives (pictured above): crumbly goat cheese, orange slices, almonds. Was sceptical as I don’t usually like goat cheese, but this is AMAZING. The slight sour tang from the cheese, the crunchy almonds and the juicy sweet orange slice marry incredibly well together.




One of Jaleo’s most famous dishes: the shrimps sauteed with garlic. Juicy and succulent, full of flavour.



Gambas Al Ajillo








Croquetas De Pollo



The Croquetas De Pollo were traditional chicken fritters served in a perspex shoe complete with laces! This isn’t your average chicken nugget- I was pleasantly surprised when I bit into the croquette and this delicious hot gooey savoury sauce with chunks of chicken came out. That’s the only way I can describe it!


I also had (and would highly recommend) the Patatas Bravas (with spicy tomato sauce and alioli) and the Espinacas A La Catalana (sauteed spinach, pine nuts, raisins and apples).


The interior of Jaleo DC is pretty funky too and had a nice casual, modern feel.



If you’re in the DC area definitely check this restaurant out! They also have branches in Las Vegas, Bethesda and Crystal City.

4.5/5

For more info: http://www.jaleo.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment